As we are aware the G20 will be held at the Presidency of India this year. The Environment & Climate Sustainability Working Groups, 1st meeting was held in Bangalore for the 1st time. The meeting was for 3 days from 9th February to 11th February. The meeting concludes with a positive note among all the countries committing towards the main objectives discussed in the session.
The Environment & Climate Sustainability Working Group was the 1st meeting of the G20 Summit marking the begging of Constructive decisions for the future.
The events held in the 3-day meeting are as follows.
- The meeting among 29 countries of the G20 summit was inaugurated with the display of particles showing the restoration of the ecosystem of forest fire and mining.
- The day went ahead with the visit to the Bannerghatta National Park and Kalkere Arboretum for the delegates to show the ecosystem of Karnataka.
- The seminar was chaired by K. Sanjay Murthy, Secretary of Higher Education, and Prof. V. Kamakoti, Director, of IIT Madras.
- The next day was inaugurated with the address given by Union Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs & Petroleum & Natural Gas, Shri Hardeep Puri.
- The welcome address was given by Minister of Environment Forest & Climate Change (MoEFCC) Ms. Leena Nanda, Government of India.
- Discus was held on methods to restore the land-based ecosystem and enhance biodiversity.
- Another topic of discussion was the formation of circular economics in various sectors like steel and biowaste.
- The day concluded with a cultural performance representing the rich culture of Karnataka to all the delegates from 29 countries.
- The session was held on the theme, “Sustainable & Climate Resilient Blue Economy”. The session mainly focuses on marine plastic problems and their effect.
- The 3-day meeting was concluded with the India Presidency Plan of Ocean 20 to be held in May 2023.
- Also, an announcement of, the beach cleaning event, to be held on 21st May 2023.
The discussion is to be continued in the 2nd gathering of ECSWG from 27th to 29th March 2023.
Kumud Sharma is the First Well-Known Female Journalist of the Journalism World of Himachal Pradesh. I am the Founder, Editor in Chief, Managing Director, Promoter of Diary Times. As a Female Journalist, With My Experience of More Than Nine Years, I Tell You Every News of Himachal Pradesh From The Ground Level With Absolutely Accurate and Correct Information, Be it the Politics of Himachal Pradesh or the Ground Reality, My Perspective On Every News Will Give You Assurance. I Assure You That Every News of Mine Will Comply With the Expertise and Fact Checking Policy.