- 1. Overview.
- 2. Culture and heritage of Madhya Pradesh.
- Famous Forts of Madhya Pradesh.
- Must visit Historical Heritage of Madhya Pradesh.
- 3. The Art and Craft of Madhya Pradesh.
- The block art of Madhya Pradesh.
- Batto Bai Dolls.
- 4. Interesting fact about Madhya Pradesh.
- 5. Madhya Pradesh – A state of all delicious cuisines.
- 6. Top cities of Madhya Pradesh.
- 7. Success stories of Madhya Pradesh
- 8. Conclusion9. Frequently Asked Question
Welcome to “The Heart of India”
The cluster of various topographic and many climatic characteristics, group of magnificent mountain range. Beautiful river valleys and how can one forget about the wonderful art, music of Madhya Pradesh. It is considered as one of the dream destination for all the tourist. Madhya Pradesh culture and its historical stories attracts millions of international and national tourists each year.
Madhya Pradesh is known as the home of many tribal races. One of the interesting fact about Madhya Pradesh is that it is located in the middle of India, by sharing it’s border with the six other neighbouring states. The state has one of the great historical stories which reveals the fact that Madhya Pradesh is ruled by a number of famous empires. The Mughals and later on by the British.
Cultural & Heritage Of Madhya Pradesh:
Madhya Pradesh is the official state of all the maharajas and their historical contribution. It comes under the list of ‘must see state of India’. The place is famous for its long back history and its Mughal culture. From Gupta’s to Rajput’s who ever came to Madhya Pradesh ‘The Heart of India’ has always left their marks on the land.
Talking about it’s heritage sites from temples to great old monuments all these are now count as the heritage sites of Madhya Pradesh each of these heritage places depicts the old romance, game of politics and all. The very first thought that comes in every tourist mind about Madhya Pradesh heritage is the ‘khajuraho group of temple’. All these heritages in Madhya Pradesh are so charming, beautiful that pulls out every person’s eye from all across the world.
Famous Forts of Madhya Pradesh
All the famous historical Forts of Madhya Pradesh are one of the incredible sites and a perfect view for all the tourist. These forts of Madhya Pradesh are the actual witness of the blood bath the kings have gone through to save the people. These forts are also considered as one of the arts of Madhya Pradesh from the past and also tell the cultural history of the state.
No doubt that these forts are one of the best tourist attractions. As said, Many of these forts are the symbol of courage of great leaders. These forts are existed from long 200 years.
Must Visit Historical Heritages of Madhya Pradesh:
1. Sanchi Stupa Temple.
2. Jain Temple.
3. Orrcha Temple.
4. Devi Jagadambi Temple.
5. Dhar Fort.
6. Asigarh Fort.
7. Gwalior Fort.
8. Chhatarpur Fort.
The Art and Craft of Madhya Pradesh:
It is a state which is popular of its unique handicrafts and hand made art. As a tourist no doubt you will come across various other cities and small towns in Madhya Pradesh where handicrafts are a only livelihood for these people and also a source of identity of them.
If talking about the art of Madhya Pradesh the bamboo craft is a real reflection of Madhya Pradesh lifestyle. The tribal community of Madhya Pradesh is best known for it’s craft by combining it with today’s modern design. The art and craft of Madhya Pradesh is not only limited to hats or any decorative items, even all the furniture like the chair, table, decorative stools which is crafted out of the bamboo.
The block Art of Madhya Pradesh- The colourful block print art of Madhya Pradesh is known as ‘Nandna Block Print’ which is practiced in tarapur village of Neemuch district. The block art includes the art on the fabric in a very graceful manner. According to them, The Nandna print is one of the most difficult and lengthy print.
Batto Bai Dolls: Apart from the famous fort, museums and monuments, Madhya Pradesh is also popular for its unique handmade Batto Bai Dolls. These handmade Batto Bai Dolls give an interpretation of all the different tradition and culture of Madhya Pradesh and continue the essence and uniqueness of the exotic art of Madhya Pradesh.
Interesting Fact About Madhya Pradesh:
- Agriculture is the main base of Madhya Pradesh.
- Madhya Pradesh is famous for its large reserves of copper and diamonds.
Madhya Pradesh – A state of all delicious Cuisines-
As you slowly travel into the deepness of Madhya Pradesh, everyone will encounter the delicious food of Madhya Pradesh. All the dishes of Madhya Pradesh owns it’s long back history and culture of this state.
Let’s see the Madhya Pradesh Famous Food:
1. Khasta kachori: A delicious fired food of Madhya Pradesh. This spicy dish is for breakfast as well as also consider as the most famous street food of Madhya Pradesh. Among all the Khasta Kachori moong dal kachori is the most famous one served with potato curry and yogurt for breakfast.
2. Seekh Kebab: A well-known Mughlai cuisine of Madhya Pradesh which is prepared by wrapping meat around a skewer and after that cooked in a coal fire. It’s served hot with chutneys or sauces
3. Shahi Shikanji: One of the famous drinks of Madhya Pradesh especially in the streets of Indore. It is quite different from normal shikanji. It is mainly made of milk and sugar. The flavour and taste of creamy drinks.
4.Biryani Pilaf: A Mughlai food of Madhya Pradesh, the Biryani Pilaf is a regular food in Bhopal which is made up of mutton meat. It is also known by the name of mutton pulao.
5. Gujiya: It is a sweet dessert that is crispy in nature. It is kind of a sweet dumplings made up of Maida with dry fruits, cardamon powder, dry coconuts and adding of sugar. It is mostly made during the festive occasion in Madhya Pradesh.
6. Chakki Ki Shak: Yet, another famous cuisine in Madhya Pradesh. It is made up of wheat dough and steamed and then after that it is added to the gravy with the addition of all Indian spices.
Top Cities of Madhya Pradesh:
- Bhopal – The capital city of the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh.
- Jabalpur – One of the popular places to visit in Madhya Pradesh. It is Situated on the banks of the Narmada River.
- Gwalior – A city in the central Indian State of Madhya Pradesh. It’s known for its palaces and temples, including the Sas Bahu Ka Mandir.
- Ujjain – An old ancient city of Madhya Pradesh beside the Kshipra River. An important Hindu pilgrimage destination.
Success Stories Of Madhya Pradesh –
1. The Success Story of ‘Chai Sutta Bar’ – The success story of one of the youngest entrepreneurs of Madhya Pradesh. Mr. Anubhav Dubey the co-founder of the much talked and yet the most famous franchise. He is one of the youngest successful entrepreneurs at the age of 26. Currently, Chai Sutta Bar has more than 150 outlets in India and on the same time in aboard.
He sees a big growth in food and beverages industry. His future plan is to open another segment of a non-veg product brand with the name of ‘2 boti 4 roti’.
2. Arjun Patel believes in living his own dreams – The 24-year-old Mr. Arjun Patel a successful entrepreneur in the field of mining who believes that in order to achieve success one needs to be more consistent and should be perseverant in one’s approach. He is among the top ten richest business in India at a very young age with their largest manufacturing firm ‘Mohanlal Hargovinddas’.
Apart from all this, he has also expanded his dreams and business and also run a five-star boutique property which is situated in Bandhavgarh National Park under the name of ‘Bandhavgarh Meadows’.
Madhya Pradesh is one of the most spectacular states to visit in India. It has a great history and cultural heritage. Madhya Pradesh is also known as the place of all the wildlife sanctuaries, temples, home of UNESCO. So, we can say this with no doubt that Madhya Pradesh is one of the rich places in India where there are plenty of things to do. Rightly it is called as the ‘the heart of India’.
Frequently Asked Question
1. Name some street foods of Madhya Pradesh?
1. Malpua a sweet pancake.
2. What is the famous Madhya Pradesh drink?
2. Shahi Shikanji. It is mainly made of milk and sugar.
3. What is the staple food of MP?
3. Palak Puri (Prepared of wheat flour mixed with spinach leaves)
4. What makes Madhya Pradesh Special?
4. Madhya Pradesh has a number of national parks and many wildlife sanctuaries.
5. Which sweet is famous in MP?
5. Mawa bati is a unique sweet dish found only in Madhya Pradesh.
Kumud Sharma is the First Well-Known Female Journalist of the Journalism World of Himachal Pradesh. I am the Founder, Editor in Chief, Managing Director, Promoter of Diary Times. As a Female Journalist, With My Experience of More Than Nine Years, I Tell You Every News of Himachal Pradesh From The Ground Level With Absolutely Accurate and Correct Information, Be it the Politics of Himachal Pradesh or the Ground Reality, My Perspective On Every News Will Give You Assurance. I Assure You That Every News of Mine Will Comply With the Expertise and Fact Checking Policy.