- Overview of Hyderabad.
- Brief History of The Nizams of Hyderabad.
- Official Language.
- Local Festival, Art and Music.
- Cultural dress code of Hyderabad.
- Famous Gujarati Culture Food.
- Interesting fact about Hyderabad.
- Success stories of Hyderabad.
Overview of Hyderabad
Among all the different states in India, Hyderabad is known as the capital of Telangana with one of the richest and the histories stories with magnificent artircture and tradition. Hyderabad is famous for its culture and rich heritage too. Hyderabad is known as by the name of ‘City of Nizams’.
The whole world see this city as a place which is blended with rich unique culture, traditions and of course a little touch of the modern lifestyle. Talking about the people of Hyderabad which are considered as the most friendly and hospitable. Hyderabad is a mixture of all the different types of religion, festivals and culture. The city has undergone an immense growth in cultural wise and growth wise as well.
Apart from all it’s unique culture and traditions the city of pearls ‘Hyderabad’ welcomes people from all over its country no matter how you look, where are you from, what you are.
Brief History of The Nizams of Hyderabad
The home of Multiculture society. Considered as one of the most populated cities in India. Hyderabad is mainly known as the ‘city of pearls. The city is the main spot of north and south culture together.
The impact of island culture reflect on Hyderabad’s architecture, it’s food, it’s festival and also on it’s lifestyle. The culture of Hyderabad is much more evident in the old city as comparable in the new city. The best part of Hyderabad is that it is a multicultural city which give equal importance to all the festivals such as Diwali, Eid, Christmas and which is celebrated with full job and with lot of pomp and brilliance.
Talking about the local language of people of Hyderabad is ‘Urdu’. It is mainly spoken by Muslim population in Hyderabad which is known ‘Deccani Urdu’ or ‘Dakhani Urdu. Along with this Telugu is the another spoken language in by the people of Hyderabad.
Local Festival, Art and Music
Hyderabad is famous for performing its art and culture. The city is filled with all it’s rich dance and music. The city has given many popular music gurus to the music industry. Apart from being famous in the field of music the city has also given big hits from Telegu, Tamil and Hindi movies as well. Many classical dance forms such as –
Which are performed by famous dancers of India. Well, the city is filled up with a mixture of its long back history of 400 years old. One of the most popular music forms in Hyderabad is the Carnatic Music Form.
The interesting fact about the city is that every year Hyderabad has a cultural festivals event for all these different types of music and dance forms. Kathak is the most popular form of dance which is also introduced for the first time in the city of nizams which is Hyderabad in 18th century.
Local festivals of Hyderabad
When it comes to celebrating festivals, Hyderabad is the city which is very much popular for its wide amount of festivals.
1. The Deccan Festival– It is one of the most celebrated festivals of the year which is celebrated by the Department of tourism in the month of February and march.
2. Sankranti: It is a three-day festival where people fly their kites and also decorate their homes with the handmade rangoli. It is celebrated in the month of Jan.
3. Ganesh Chaturthi- It is also known as The Ganesh Festival which is always celebrated in the month of September and which goes for about almost ten days.
4. Ramzan: It is one of the most celebrated festivals by the Muslims. As of the4 population in Hyderabad is Muslim. During this festival Muslims fast for about almost thirty days until the sunset.
5. Eid – After the celebration of Ramzan like after the thirty days of fasting, than Eid is celebrated by them.
Cultural dress code of Hyderabad
The culture and tradition of dressing up in Hyderabad is quite special and different as compare to other cities or state in India. In Hyderabad one can see the reflection of south and Muslim in their dress’s.
Women: The women in Hyderabad usually wear sari, salwar kameez etc.
Men: Men prefer wearing Sherwani on all the special occasion or a kurta pajama on regular days.
Famous Gujarati Culture Food
The food of Hyderabad is all over popular in India. The spicy touch in the food all herbs, dry fruits and all natural edibles.
While talking about the food of Hyderabad the first dish that comes to our mind is the traditional Dum biryani of Hyderabad which is served almost in the all the restaurants of the entire country. Mainly this delicious dish is made up meat, basmati rice and boiled eggs and served with a raitas. It is traditionally made during the time of Diwali, Ramzan or eat.
Interesting fact about Hyderabad
1. The film city of Hyderabad is one of the largest film studio in the whole world.
2. Hyderabad has one of the tallest Buddha Statue in the whole world.
3. The city is the home of the world’s most beautiful diamond ‘Koh-I-Noor’.
Success Stories of People of Hyderabad
1. Stitching a success story: They say that it is never too late to follow your dreams. Uma Maheshwari 60 year old lady who survived from her heart condition later lost her husband at the age in covid and after that started her new business and turned as an entrepreneur at the age of 60. Uma Maheshwari and her daughter they both started a handmade business and after that she started making many other small things at her home for example bags, rugs, soft toys and her daughter later on started selling all these handmade items.
It not over yet, after this small handmade business, this mother daughter duo are employing families affected by Covid through their brand
The city is going to leave this big city like pune or Mumbai far behind in the next upcoming years keeping in mind both the economical and on developmental bases also. It is all set to become the home of all these big industries.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the heritage and culture of Hyderabad?
1. The city culture is a mixture of old Islamic Culture and the Hindu traditions of the Telugu people.
2. What is Hyderabad famous for?
2. Hyderabad is mainly famous for its historical monuments, like the Charminar and Golconda fort and of course the food the Dum Biryani.
3. Which dress is famous in Hyderabad?
3. The most famous saris of Telangana culture and tradition include Gadwal Sari, Silk Sari, and Ikat Sari.
Kumud Sharma is the First Well-Known Female Journalist of the Journalism World of Himachal Pradesh. I am the Founder, Editor in Chief, Managing Director, Promoter of Diary Times. As a Female Journalist, With My Experience of More Than Nine Years, I Tell You Every News of Himachal Pradesh From The Ground Level With Absolutely Accurate and Correct Information, Be it the Politics of Himachal Pradesh or the Ground Reality, My Perspective On Every News Will Give You Assurance. I Assure You That Every News of Mine Will Comply With the Expertise and Fact Checking Policy.