After G20 India is now the current chair of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization SCO. The country is all set to host the organizations first ministerial meeting, the Meeting of Energy Ministers, on 14 March 2023.
- India has already extended formal invitations to all the members of the organization for an in-person meeting in Delhi, with participation still being confirmed.
- In the run-up to the SCO summit under India’s presidency, the nation will be holding meetings of defence, interior, and environment ministers of member countries along with meeting of National Security Advisors NSAs of the SCO nations.
- India is the chair of both G20 and SCO groupings this year.
- SCO was founded over 20 years ago, with the goal of promoting economic, political, and military cooperation among its member countries.
- The organizations members include Russia, India, China, Pakistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.
- Additionally, with Iran becoming the latest country to join the organization, it will attend the groupings meetings as a full-fledged member for the first time this year under the Indian presidency.
Kumud Sharma is the First Well-Known Female Journalist of the Journalism World of Himachal Pradesh. I am the Founder, Editor in Chief, Managing Director, Promoter of Diary Times. As a Female Journalist, With My Experience of More Than Nine Years, I Tell You Every News of Himachal Pradesh From The Ground Level With Absolutely Accurate and Correct Information, Be it the Politics of Himachal Pradesh or the Ground Reality, My Perspective On Every News Will Give You Assurance. I Assure You That Every News of Mine Will Comply With the Expertise and Fact Checking Policy.