On February 13th the Chairman of the Economic Advisory Council, Bibek Debroy, questioned Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, on no taxation on agriculture income. He said there is no committee to study this issue.
But according to eth Constitution of India, Article 246, taxation should be on the agriculture income under the state list, informed by the Minister of State of Finance.
LIST OF POINTS IN FAVOUR OF TAXATION
The Chairman, Debroy stated many points in the favour of taxation on agricultural income.
- Report of the Taxation Enquiry Commission (1953-54)
- Raj Committee on Taxation on Agriculture Wealth and Income (1972)
- Fourth Five-Year Plan (1969-74)
- Report of Fifth finance Commission Minister (1969)
- Tax Reform Committee (1991)
- Kelkar Task Force on Direct Taxes (2002)
- White paper on Black money (2012)
- Tax Administration Reform Commission (2014).
All these reports were stated as points to start tax on agriculture income by Debroy.
But in response, the Minister of Finance responded with no proposal on tax on agriculture income.
Kumud Sharma is the First Well-Known Female Journalist of the Journalism World of Himachal Pradesh. I am the Founder, Editor in Chief, Managing Director, Promoter of Diary Times. As a Female Journalist, With My Experience of More Than Nine Years, I Tell You Every News of Himachal Pradesh From The Ground Level With Absolutely Accurate and Correct Information, Be it the Politics of Himachal Pradesh or the Ground Reality, My Perspective On Every News Will Give You Assurance. I Assure You That Every News of Mine Will Comply With the Expertise and Fact Checking Policy.