National War Memorial (NWM) is the symbol of the resemblance of the sacrifice made by the brave soldiers of the country. It was dedicated to the nation by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on 25th February 2019.
NATIONAL WAR MEMORIAL
Today, 25th February 2023, I the 4th anniversary of the NWM.
The iconic momentum house, the eternal flame is the standing symbol of the sacrifice made by the soldiers in the line of duty. The name of the soldiers martyred during the various armed conflicts is inscribed there.
- Conflict o the Independence
- Conflict with Pakistan
- Conflict with China
- 1061 War in Goa
- Operation Pavan
- Operation Raksha
The momentum is spread over the land for about 40 acres. It formed near the existing canopy of the India Gate, New Delhi.
The inauguration was done on 25th February 2019, by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi. The inauguration was done in the presence of a Chief of Defence Staff. 3 Chief staff from the Indian Armed Forces ignite the eternal flame called Amar Jawn Jyoti.
- On the 4th Anniversary homage was paid to the fallen soldiers and the wreath was laid by the Chairman of the Chief Staff Committee, Air Marshal, B.R. Krishan, along with the Deputy Chief Army Staff, Lt. Gen. M.V. Suchindra Kumar.
- Officiating Vice Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral, Kiran Deshmukh, and Deputy Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal, Narmdeshwar Tiwari also paid tribute.
- For the digital tribute interactive screen was installed in the vicinity of the Memorial, for all the fallen heroes.
- To encourage youth the contribution to the nation, a guided tour was organized to the NWM.
- There were around 12.76 lakh digital tributes and 24.94 lakh visitors from we walk of life.
- 1,460 schools with a strength of 1.80 lakh students have visited the NWM since the last anniversary.
- After the inauguration, all the homage ceremonies are conducted only at NWM.
- Homage ceremonies are also conducted on National Day.
- To honor the supreme sacrifice by the Indian Armed Forces various dignitaries and delegates have also visited the NWM from various foreign countries.
Kumud Sharma is the First Well-Known Female Journalist of the Journalism World of Himachal Pradesh. I am the Founder, Editor in Chief, Managing Director, Promoter of Diary Times. As a Female Journalist, With My Experience of More Than Nine Years, I Tell You Every News of Himachal Pradesh From The Ground Level With Absolutely Accurate and Correct Information, Be it the Politics of Himachal Pradesh or the Ground Reality, My Perspective On Every News Will Give You Assurance. I Assure You That Every News of Mine Will Comply With the Expertise and Fact Checking Policy.