Connect with us

World News

US Considers Iran Strike Amid Ongoing Protests; Donald Trump Yet to Decide

The United States is reportedly weighing a potential military strike on Iran as early as this weekend, though President Donald Trump has not yet made a final decision, according to a report by CNN.

Published

on

US Considers Iran Strike Amid Ongoing Protests; Trump Yet to Decide
US Considers Iran Strike Amid Ongoing Protests; Donald Trump Yet to Decide
WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Telegram Group Join Now
Instagram Join Now

The United States is reportedly weighing a potential military strike on Iran as early as this weekend, though President Donald Trump has not yet made a final decision, according to a report by CNN.

The development comes amid ongoing diplomatic efforts, with US and Iranian delegations recently meeting in Geneva, Switzerland, to discuss a high-profile nuclear agreement.


Diplomacy Still the First Option

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said progress had been made in the Geneva talks but acknowledged that significant differences remain.

“There was a little bit of progress made, but we are still far apart on some issues. We expect the Iranians to come back with the details in the next couple of weeks. The President will continue to watch how this plays out,” she told reporters.

Leavitt emphasised that diplomacy remains President Trump’s preferred course of action before considering military measures. She also warned that it would be “wise” for Iran to reach a deal with Washington.


Protests Shake Iran

The diplomatic and military tensions coincide with major unrest inside Iran. Widespread protests erupted on December 28, 2025, initially triggered by a deepening economic crisis marked by a sharply depreciating rial and soaring inflation.

What began as shop closures and merchant strikes in Tehran quickly spread nationwide, evolving into one of the most significant domestic challenges to Iran’s leadership since the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

As demonstrations intensified into January, economic grievances expanded into political demands, with protesters calling for systemic reforms.


Government Crackdown and International Reaction

Iranian authorities responded forcefully, deploying security forces and imposing a nationwide internet and telephone blackout on January 8, 2026. International leaders described the communications shutdown as an attempt to limit documentation of violence during the crackdown.

The United States has publicly supported the Iranian people’s right to peaceful protest while condemning the government’s actions. Washington has also expanded visa bans against Iranian officials over alleged human rights violations.

Tehran, however, has rejected foreign criticism, accusing the US, Israel and European powers of interfering in its internal affairs and exploiting the unrest to destabilise the country.


Uncertain Next Steps

With diplomatic talks ongoing and internal unrest continuing in Iran, the situation remains fluid. While military action is reportedly under consideration, the White House has indicated that no final decision has been made, leaving open the possibility of further negotiations in the coming weeks.

Read Also : 37 Crore from Jal Jeevan Mission Used for Rest Houses in Mandi: Mukesh Agnihotri

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *