Connect with us

World News

Prince Andrew Released After Arrest Over Alleged Misconduct Linked to Jeffrey Epstein

Prince Andrew, younger brother of King Charles III, was released from police custody on Thursday evening after being arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office linked to allegations involving late financier Jeffrey Epstein.

Published

on

Prince Andrew Released After Arrest Over Alleged Misconduct Linked to Jeffrey Epstein
Prince Andrew Released After Arrest Over Alleged Misconduct Linked to Jeffrey Epstein
WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Telegram Group Join Now
Instagram Join Now

Prince Andrew, younger brother of King Charles III, was released from police custody on Thursday evening after being arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office linked to allegations involving late financier Jeffrey Epstein.

The 66-year-old royal was questioned throughout the day by detectives from Thames Valley Police. Authorities said he has been “released under investigation.”


Allegations and Investigation

Earlier this month, Thames Valley Police confirmed it was assessing claims that Andrew had allegedly passed confidential government documents to Epstein during his tenure as the UK’s Special Representative for Trade and Investment.

According to reports, documents released by the US government suggested that in 2010, Andrew forwarded reports about Vietnam, Singapore and other destinations he visited on official trips.

Police described misconduct in public office as a complex common law offence that carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment if proven in a Crown Court. However, arrest does not imply guilt.

Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said the force had opened a formal investigation following a detailed assessment of the allegations.


Royal Family Response

In a statement, King Charles said he had learned of the development “with the deepest concern” and affirmed that the authorities had the family’s “full and wholehearted support and cooperation.”

“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course,” the monarch said.

Buckingham Palace reportedly was not informed in advance of the arrest.


Past Controversies

Prince Andrew has consistently denied wrongdoing related to Epstein and has previously expressed regret over their association.

In 2022, he settled a civil lawsuit filed in the United States by Virginia Giuffre, who had accused him of sexual abuse. The settlement was reached without an admission of liability. The current investigation, however, is not related to that civil case.

Andrew stepped down from his trade envoy role in 2011 after his ties to Epstein first drew scrutiny. In 2019, he withdrew from all official royal duties, and last year King Charles stripped him of remaining titles and honours amid renewed controversy.


Unprecedented Move

The arrest of a senior royal — eighth in line to the British throne — marks an extraordinary moment in modern British history. While minor legal issues have previously involved members of the royal family, such as speeding offences by Princess Anne, this is one of the most serious criminal investigations concerning a high-ranking royal in decades.

Former US President Donald Trump described the development as “very sad” and “bad for the royal family.”

Investigations remain ongoing, and authorities have said further updates will be provided at an appropriate time.

Read Also : Himachal Pradesh Entry Tax Hike Sparks Protest in Punjab Border Towns

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *